In summer, we can do any where from 15-40 spray tans per week. Thats alot of bronzed bodies running around Auckland.
Some of the feedback we get from our clients are things like:
- "it looked so natural"
- "it lasted so well"
- "It faded really well and I didn't end up patchy"
- "I was brown and not orange"
- "It made me feel slimmer and more toned"
We love hearing comments like this, it means we are doing the best spray tans.
So I thought, to give you some tricks and tips to making your spray tan last the distance and look its best, here are my top tips for prepping for that perfect spray tan:
Exfoliate the day before. Make sure you focus on areas such as ankles, feet, knees, back of legs, elbows and backs of hands. We find that if you remove the dry, dead skin from these areas, it stops the tan from sticking to these ares.
Make sure you aren't wearing deodorant or perfume, this works as a repellant for the spray tan solution. Also make sure you aren't wearing any moisturizer on your body.
Make sure your waxing/shaving is all up to date, as you don't want to be doing this after your spray tan.
- To make sure your tan lasts longer here are some tips:
- Limit shaving and waxing
- Pat dry after showering
- Don't exfoliate or use loofa's etc, you can start this when you notice the tan starting to fade.
- Moisturize once or twice a day to keep skin soft and hydrated.