Winter is coming, and its the time of year, our skin, hair and nails really suffers. So here is some of my top tips for keeping everything looking amazing over this colder season:
- Avoid hot hot showers or baths - Its easy to try and keep warm in water, but it washes away your skins protective layer, making it dry and tight.
- Use a thick body butter - Use this where you can, and often. This will help not only hydrate your skin, but protect it too against the drying effects of the bitter cold weather.
- Use night time to heal your lips - The perfect time to load up your lips with soothing, healing, hydrating balm. Our lips are always exposed no matter how much we cover up, and your lips will need some TLC at night time.
- Keep your hair glowing by using treatments - Much like our skin, our hair is often exposed to the elements. Using a thick treatment conditioner twice a week, will help lock in moisture and keep your hair looking soft and luscious.
- Avoid over washing your hair - Washing your hair not only cleans it, but It will strip out your natural oils that will protect your hair. Use dry shampoo to keep your hair looking clean.
- Don't leave your nails naked - Having something on them (shellac, Polish etc) will help keep them protected. A common myth is that your nails need to breath, this is just that, a myth. Your nails absorb oils, but they don't breath.
- Use regular cuticle oil - Much like everything else, our nails are often exposed to the elements. Keeping them hydrated, will not only keep them healthy, but it will stop those dry cuticles that we often chew away at when they are dry and scratching.
- Lotion, lotion and more lotion - Keep those hands and nails lotion'ed up. That will help protect your skin from the elements and keep them looking young and smooth.
- Wear Gloves - Chemicals etc will not only dry out your skin, but will strip your nails of their natural oils. Over winter you want to keep as much of those oils on your skin as possible.